Client Case Study: “I have abs now!”
I want to introduce you to one of our 1:1 clients, Maria. I think you’ll enjoy her client case study because, as she says, “I have abs now!”
Maria came to us overwhelmed, exhausted, and completely burned out.
Client Case Study: “I have abs now!”
Here’s how she described how she was feeling during our interview on the Carrots ‘N’ Cake podcast …
“I was feeling really crappy. I was super stressed and tired, all the time. I was nauseous, had no appetite, crazy bowel issues, headaches, and no sex drive. I had put on loads of weight, and I was just really depressed.“
Maria wasn’t alone in her struggles, and we see similar challenges all the time when women come to us. She further explained what she was dealing with…
“So I have two kids, one of whom has special needs; he’s autistic. Life is quite stressful, and I could never get enough sleep. By 11am, I needed to take a nap because I couldn’t physically stay awake. I couldn’t eat, because every time I ate, it made me feel really, really sick. And I had no energy because I wasn’t eating. That was very frustrating. I felt like every day was a struggle. I was trying my best to live up to what a stay-at-home mother is supposed to do, but I couldn’t even stay awake until 11am. It was a very depressing time in my life.“
When Maria couldn’t get answers from her doctor, she decided to work with our team…
“Ugh, I knew there was something going on with me. I went to my doctor and had my blood tested, but they just kept saying, ‘Oh, you’re fine.’ But I was not fine! There was definitely something wrong. Every doctor just kept saying, ‘There’s nothing wrong with you… it’s in your head.’ At that point, I was going to lose my mind, and I needed to find help. I reached out to Tina on Instagram because no one was listening to me. It was my last ditch effort. Tina came back saying she could 100% help me.“
And that’s exactly what we did. We helped Maria lose weight and feel like herself again!
First, we started off with some functional testing to give her a personalized and targeted approach to improving her health.
Here’s what we found on Maria’s functional testing
- Low cortisol; her body was in a state of extreme burnout
- Estrogen dominance and low progesterone
- High testosterone and androgens, high DHEA, high melatonin – signs of inflammation, blood sugar dysregulation, insulin resistance, and stress
- Low methylation – body needed detox support via gut, liver, mineral balance, etc.
Instead of throwing spaghetti at the wall, trying a new diet for 2 weeks and quitting, or adding random supplements, we gave Maria a personalized protocol based on her test interpretations.
What we did to help Maria feel better and lose weight:
- We had her start loosely tracking her food to make sure she was eating enough and properly fueling her body.
- Prioritized 35 grams of protein at breakfast every morning.
- Asked her to find 30 minutes per day for self-care, stress management, and Maria time.
- Incorporated low-intensity and strength building workouts, including Pilates and walking.
- Prioritized whole foods (80% of the time) and planned for fun treats, like her favorite Starbucks pastries (20% of the time)
- Asked her to eat regular meals every 3-4 hours and add more protein and vegetables to her plate.
- Supplemented with natural progesterone, inositol, saw palmetto, and magnesium for better blood sugar balance as well as licorice root for low cortisol.
- Lost 16 pounds in our 6-month program and continues to lose weight. She says, “I have abs now!”
- Pain-free periods after suffering with PCOS for years
- No more mid-day naps and loads more energy for her kids, workouts, lifestyle, etc.
- More confidence around her food choices and nutrition
- A better relationship with the scale
- Digestion issues have resolved
- “My mental health has definitely improved a lot!”
At the end, Maria summed up our conversation by saying, “Here we are today… I’m in a much better place, definitely a much better place.”
Listen to everything Maria had to say in her full interview HERE . Here are details about our 1:1 coaching program.
If you’re ready to make a change and feel your best, apply for coaching via the link below or, better yet, book a discovery call HERE so we can chat and figure out the best opinion for you and your goals! I hope you enjoyed this Client Case Study: “I have abs now!”